Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Shadow of Mordor's final boss sucks!

{Spoilers ahead}
Don't let the title make you think that I don't like Shadow of Mordor, because nothing could be farther from the truth. I followed this games progress for almost a year before the official release date came. I finally got my hands on a copy of the game, and instantly fell in love with the combat system, nemesis system, you get the point. The first official boss fight in the game, the Hammer, was an incredibly engaging and challenging boss fight if you didn't come prepared for what was going on. You would have needed several upgrades to defeat him, unless you wanted to play for an hour on that one boss fight.
As you progress through the game, the tension for the other two boss battles at the end begin causing some apprehension and excitement because you would be going around wondering what upgrades you need (even though I had them all by the end of the game), and how tough the battles would be. Then you get to the final mission, and the build up is fantastic. It has you with your army of branded orcs against the mordor army of orcs, and you have a big battle. Then you get to the second boss fight, kind of. The tower was incredibly easy because all you had to do is sneak up behind him when he appeared near you and stealth attack him a couple of times. That could be a good warm up I suppose to an epic final boss, if only the last boss was epic.
I will admit, the cut scene for the final boss fight was cool, but the boss was so lame. The scene has the black hand slitting his own throat to get Celebrimbor out of Talion's body, and Talion has to dodge the black hand's attacks, and when Celebrimbor stops the black hand (who is apparently Sauron now? I don't know) from moving for a second, Talion goes in for the kill. The only problem with this battle, as I'm sure you guessed, is that it's a Quick Time boss fight. There's no awesome Assassin's Creed combat in those fights, and it just ruins the whole experience for me. I wanted to use the combat on more than just one black captain and a bunch of orcs. I guess Graugs and Carabors are in there too, but still, it could've been so much cooler.
Do you love Shadow of Mordor? If so, what did you think when the final boss came around?

No comments:

Post a Comment